Advocacy on Women’s Rights and their participation in decision Making
SaferRwanda engages women in advocating for their rights, increase their perceptions and change of behavior as regards Women’s Rights, Peace and security, Conflict Prevention and Management, women’s participation in decision making processes.
Enhancing gender equality and social justice is achieved through networking, research, capacity building and advocacy for women. SaferRwanda is committed to the promotion of partnerships and collective action among national and regional key actors working towards the realization of the global goals.
Combating and reducing the illicit proliferation of small arms and light weapons
In partnership with Norwegian church aid SaferRwanda has continued to implement its core programs on peace and security in fighting against illicit Small Arms and Light Weapons, by encouraging voluntary surrendering of illicit arms, poverty reduction (providing Alternatives means , peace and security, human rights, conflict prevention and management and gender Equality. The project was implemented in communities of Byumba, Kimonyi, Rweru, Mwiri sectors of Gicumbi, Musanze, Bugesera and Kayonza districts respectively
- Drama and acting
- Awareness workshop
- Sports competition
- Empowering communities with domestic animals as an voluntarily surrender the weaponsincentive to
- Creating public awareness and civil society outreach programs on the need of prevention combating and reduction of illicit arms in Rwanda.
- Organization of workshops on security and development in order to assist in the operationalization of the existing national, regional and international strategies on peace and security such as the Nairobi Declaration on the problem of illicit Proliferation of Small Arms and Light Weapons, the Bamako Declaration on an African Common Position on the illicit Proliferation ,Circulation and Trafficking of Small Arms and Light Weapons and the United Nations program of Action on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in all it’s aspects.
Assessment, monitoring, and analyzing the extent of small arms proliferation and its impact on community
- Assessing the extent of small arms proliferation in Rwanda and it’s impact on community.
- Analyzing the extent of the problem of illicit small arms in the Great Lakes Region and their impact on Rwanda
- Monitoring trends in the illicit trade, circulation and transit of small and light arms